A handy guide on how to fly cheaper
Travelling has never been as easy…or as cheap. With airlines like Ryanair selling flights as low as £7.99…Yes £7.99! That's cheaper than a taxi home for most people! However, there are certain ways to get your flights as cheap as possible. Below, I have outlined some of the ways to make you save money so you can spend more at your destination. Those of you who are signed up to our passport press (If you aren’t first ask yourself why…then sign up at the bottom of this page) have already seen a few of these in your monthly newsletter. Aren’t you lucky! Anyway, on with the tips!
1. Use a flight search engine. There are a number of different flight search engines available, such as Google Flights, Skyscanner, and Kayak. These engines allow you to compare prices from different airlines and travel agencies, so you can find the best deals!
2. Be flexible with your travel dates. If you’re able to be flexible with your travel dates, you're more likely to find a good deal. Airlines often offer lower prices for flights that are further in advance or on weekdays.
3. Consider flying into a smaller airport. If you're willing to fly into a smaller airport, you may be able to find a cheaper flight. This is because smaller airports typically have less competition, which can lead to lower prices. Low cost airlines such as Ryanair operate from airports like this to keep their fares low - Worth it in my opinion!
4. Sign up for email alerts. Many flight search engines offer email alerts that will notify you when the price of a flight you're interested in changes. This is a great way to be alerted to sudden price drops.
5. Use a service that offers travel rewards. If you have a credit card that offers travel rewards, you can use those rewards to offset the cost of your flights. This can be a great way to save money on your next trip. This tends to be more common with airlines who offer mainly long haul route. Examples include Emirates Skywards and Singapore airlines’ KrisFlyer
6. Speaking of budget airlines, USE THEM. Consider flying with a budget airline. Budget airlines typically offer lower fares than traditional airlines. However, they may have more restrictions, such as charging for checked bags or requiring you to pay for seat assignments but just like the airports, this is worth it and makes your trip much more flexible.
7. Book your flight in advance. The earlier you book your flight, the more likely you are to find a good deal. Airlines typically release their cheapest fares several months in advance, so it's worth booking your flight as early as possible. Prices go up for peak holiday times such as Summer and Christmas!
8. Track prices with a price comparison website. There are a number of websites that allow you to track the price of a flight over time. This is a great way to see if the price of your flight is going up or down, so you can book it when it's at its lowest price.
9. Consider using a travel service. Travel agents can help you find cheap flights and book your travel arrangements. They may also be able to get you discounts on hotels or other travel expenses or use handy online travel websites...not mentioning any names sightseekr.co.uk
10. Be patient and persistent. Finding cheap flights takes time and effort. However, if you're patient and persistent, you're sure to find a good deal.
11. Let's be cheeky, and give you an extra one. Don’t forget after being inspired on Sightseekr.co.uk, head to our ready to book article and you can start your search straight from Sightseekr with our new Expedia flights widget! How cool!
So that's your lot from me! Always keep an eye out for new inspiration posts that just may tempt you to book that cheap flight and explore the world!
Thanks for reading! - Owen